Hey friends – overnight guests are coming and my mind immediately goes to what I will serve for breakfast. Do you do that too? I mean if we are busy through the day we can always go out at night … but in the morning? It’s much more fun to just spend a lazy morning visiting right? And I certainly don’t want to spend the morning in the kitchen. Perfect solution – create a
super simple breakfast casserole.
Then sit back and enjoy your guests.
I love a good breakfast casserole and with this simple recipe, I make it ahead, slide it in the oven and I have a hot, hearty breakfast when everyone is ready to eat.
Sleeping in and having brunch instead? – Perfect for that as well!
Super Simple Breakfast Casserole
So let’s get started!
Ingredients you will need:
• 1 pound mild ground pork sausage
• 1 medium onion chopped
• 1 red pepper chopped
• 1 (30-ounce) package frozen hash browns
• 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
• 8 large eggs
• 2 cups milk
Begin by browning your sausage and draining it.
Prepare the hash browns according to the package directions, using ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper.
Once the potatoes have been cooked, I stir together the sausage, onion mixture and the shredded cheese and place it all in a lightly greased 9 X 13 inch baking dish.
Stir together the eggs, milk and remaining teaspoon of salt and pour evenly over the sausage mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or if you want, you can refrigerate overnight and bake in the morning.
Delicious and what a super simple breakfast casserole!
If you enjoyed this easy recipe, please take time to share it on your Pinterest board.
You can see what I’m sharing HERE!
[jetpack_subscription_form title=”Never miss a Surroundings by Debi post!” subscribe_text=” Enter your email address to subscribe and receive each post directly to your inbox!” subscribe_button=”Subscribe” show_subscribers_total=”0″]
- 1 pound mild ground pork sausage
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 (30-ounce) package frozen hash browns
- 1½ teaspoons salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, until no longer pink. Drain well.
- Add onion and red pepper to the sausage dripping and saute until tender.
- Prepare hash browns according to package directions, using ½ teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Stir together hash browns, sausage, onion, peppers and cheese. Pour into a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Pour evenly over sausage mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes.