CREATE ADORABLE STRING CARROTS FOR YOUR HOME DECORATING WITH THESE EASY STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS AND VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS
Trying desperately to delay the inevitable I slowly pushed the carrots across my plate. Twirling each one around and around, silently willing them to fall off onto the floor.
“Let Santa’s reindeer have them” I begged as tears trickled down my face. “It’s rabbit food” I cried. The only thing carrots were good for, my small mind reasoned, was a snowman’s nose.
Finally finding their way into my mouth, with each bite, and every chew the carrots grew bigger until they became a big ball of goo. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn’t bring myself to swallow that mushy orange mass.
How could something I despised so much become something I love?
Something Cute? … Adorable?
Those horrible carrots have now found their way into my home decor!
To make these string carrots, you will need:
- Cording or yarn
- A knife
- Floral pins
1. Begin by cutting a small wedge out of a 2″ piece of Styrofoam and cut the piece in half to create two carrot forms. Love to see this in action? Check the video HERE.
2. Whittle the rough edges down with a sharp knife.
3. Roll the Styrofoam wedge with your hand to round the carrot form.
4. Insert a pencil about a half inch into the top of the carrot form and wiggle it around to create a hole. We will need this later in our process.
5. Add a bit of glue to the end of the carrot form and attach your cording using a floral pin. Begin wrapping your cording around the carrot form.6. Work the cording up to the top of the carrot adding a bit of glue at first to secure the cording.
7. Using floral pins hold the cording in place at the top of the carrot. Let the carrot dry and remove the pins.
8. Take 6-inch – 8-inch pieces of raffia and fold them in half.
9. Wrap the folded end of the raffia tightly with an additional piece of raffia.
10. Add a bit of glue to the end of the folded raffia end and insert it into the hole at the top of your carrot.
11. Trim the edges of your raffia with scissors to your desired length.
And your Adorable String Carrots are complete!
These carrots are so simple to make you can create them in all sizes and colors!
Using larger cording and a bigger form these carrots are amazing.
Check out the video to see how easily you can make these Adorable String Carrots!
Yes, I’ve found a new love for carrots – I’ve added them to my spring decor – but you still won’t catch me eating one. 🙂