Looking for a cookie that is both sweet and salty? These Potato Chip cookies are the perfect answer!
Long before we were married, my sweet husband gave me this recipe letting me know it was a favorite of his. Maybe it was a test of my cooking abilities! (Insert smiley face.) Although this is such a simple recipe, it wouldn’t be much of a test.
Sweet and Salty Potato Chip Cookies
Let’s get started by gathering our ingredients.
1 cup butter or oleo
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup crushed potato chips
1 1/3 cup sifted flour
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup chopped nuts – I used pecans
Begin by creaming your butter and gradually add the sugar and cream until fluffy.
Blend in the vanilla.
Add the crushed potato chips and flour.
Stir in the coconut and chopped nuts.
Shape your dough into small balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Flatten each ball lightly with a fork.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12 – 15 minutes until lightly browned.
Sit back and enjoy! If you haven’t visited the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop now would be a perfect time to grab a cookie and stop by!
If you liked this easy recipe, help me grow this blog by sharing this post on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google + or all of them, simply by clicking the icons below.
To receive these posts directly to your inbox, simply subscribe at the top of the page.
- 1 cup butter or oleo
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- 1⅓ cup sifted flour
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup chopped nuts - I used pecans
- Begin by creaming your butter and gradually add the sugar and cream until fluffy.
- Blend in the vanilla.
- Add the crushed potato chips and flour.
- Stir in the coconut and chopped nuts.
- Shape your dough into small balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten each ball lightly with a fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes until lightly browned.
I often share posts at many wonderful sites you can find them HERE.