It’s time for another Friday Food Favorite!
Some time ago my good friend Sarah invited my sister and me over for a lunch of friendship and sharing. Everything was delicious, (it always is at Sarah’s house), and at the end of the meal I just had to ask for this fabulous recipe.
This Oatmeal Cake has become one of our family favorites – one my husband frequently asks me to prepare when we have company coming. It is a wonderfully delicious dessert!
So let’s get started. The sooner we do …. the sooner we can enjoy a bite of this special dessert!
Oatmeal Cake with Coconut Praline Topping
Begin by putting 1 cup of quick cooking oatmeal in a bowl. Boil 1 cup of water and pour over the oatmeal, cover and let sit for 20 minutes.
While the oatmeal is sitting cream together:
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
1- 1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
Add the softened oatmeal to the mixture and mix completely. Once mixed, pour into a greased and floured 9×13 pan and place in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 min.
Once the mixture has been brought to a boil, remove from stove and add 1 cup coconut and 1/2 cup chopped pecans and stir all together.
Once the cake has cooled, top with a spoonful of whipped cream and ….. Enjoy!!!!
If you enjoyed this easy recipe, please take time to share it on your Pinterest board.
You can see what I’m sharing HERE!
[jetpack_subscription_form title=”Never miss a Surroundings by Debi post!” subscribe_text=” Enter your email address to subscribe and receive each post directly to your inbox!” subscribe_button=”Subscribe” show_subscribers_total=”0″]
- 1 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup softened butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1- ⅓ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Stick butter
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup coconut
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl put in 1 cup Quick cooking oatmeal.
- Boil 1 cup of water and pour over oatmeal, cover and leave 20 min.
- Cream together:
- cup white sugar
- cup brown sugar
- /2 cup softened butter
- Then add:
- - ⅓ cup flour
- /2 tsp salt
- tsp. baking soda
- tsp. cinnamon
- Add the oatmeal lush and mix completely.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9x13 pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 min.
- When tooth pick comes out clean remove from oven.
- Topping for cake to be spread on cake immediately after removed from oven:
- stick butter
- /4 cup milk
- /2 cup brown sugar
- /2 tsp vanilla
- Bring to boil.....remove from stove and add 1 cup coconut and ½ cup chopped pecans.
- Stir all together and pour over hot cake.
- Place under BROILER for 3-5 minutes.....until golden but NOT BURNT ....Watch carefully!